The year 2015 is coming to an end, and we want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
This post is a brief review of SIGSPL’s activities this year and technology observations.
The Magic SPL Triangle 4Q/2015
As there is yet no ‘official’ SPL technology but just initial trends, we have decided to put software products, which are in our opinion able to become proto-cells of future Software Production Lines, inside the Triangle. Outside the Triangle are products not directly related to SPL, but able to support.
If you think that your favourite technology is missing here, please tell us and we will consider an update to the diagram.
- our members have deeper understanding of SPL, as well as good traction in their companies to drive our concepts forward;
- we have recognized that with our methodology we can disrupt a multi-billion IT services market;
- we designed an operational model for a rating agency to issue quality certificates. Our vision is to run it as a subsidiary department at the International Computing Centre by United Nations in Geneva;
- we started contacting top notch VC companies to know how we can evolve after our first year, generate revenue and build a commercial branch, while aiming to improve this world as a public non-profit Think Tank.
- we started talking to consulting companies interested in disruptive methods we offer.
- we launched this blog, offering its landing page in many languages to reach local communities;
- we presented to the European Commission and the FICORE consortium our proposal of a technology agnostic digital certificate for technical software excellence, comparable to the EU Energy Consumption Label and received very positive feedback from all parties;
Many thanks to all supporters and readers and to all those who invested their time for brainstorming, exchanging ideas or an interview – we are looking forward to welcome new active members and contributors!